Thursday, July 11, 2013

MARKETING MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENT

MB IPB MARKETING CLASS


MIRANTI VERDIANA RANU MUINDRO

CLASS OF GODREJ DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM 2013
Graduate Program of Management and Business Bogor Agricultural University

Lecturer Prof Dr Ir Ujang Sumarwan, MSc 

www.ujangsumarwan.blog.mb.ipb.ac.id

sumarwan@mb.ipb.ac.id


At a meeting on July 9th 2013, I was very interested in the "Marketing segmentation, Target marketing, and Product positioning". I think, it is very challenging and exciting to do. Previously, I'll explain what it is marketing. Philip Kotler defines Marketing is "a societal process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating, offering, and freely exchanging products and services of value with others". Marketing activities include, product promotion, sales, introduction of products to the consumer, market research, etc. The things that are marketed: goods, services, experiences, events, persons, places, properties, organizations, information, and ideas.

Well, I will inform a little knowledge I got about "Marketing segmentation, Target marketing, and Product positioning". As I know, Marketing Segmentation is the first step of marketing concept. Segmenting the market is to divide the overall market into segments, in which consumers have similar characteristics. The second step of Marketing concept is Selecting a Target Market. You can say, it is the most important step of the marketing because if you made a mistake of determining the target, you would lose your consumers who really need your products or services. Selecting target market is to evaluate the segments identified in the segment process. For example, if you produced formula milk, so you had to promote the products to each mother as the target. And the last step of Marketing concept is Positioning the Products. Positioning of the products is marketer plans the product's market positioning, which is how the target market perceives the product in comparison to competitor's brands.

 Yupp...that's the lesson that I got and I could explain briefly. Hopefully, it could be useful for you all.

                                                                                          

Based on Book written by Ujang Sumarwan, Agus Djunaidi, Aviliani, H.C.Royke Singgih, Jusup Agus Sayono, Rico R Budidarmo, Sofyan Rambe. 2009. Pemasaran Strategik: Strategi untuk Pertumbuhan Perusahaan dalam Penciptaan Nilai bagi Pemegang Saham (Strategic Marketing: Strategy for Corporate Growth in Creating Share Holder Value). Jakarta. Inti Prima

Picture2

Based on Sumarwan, U., Achmad Fachrodji., Adman Nursal., Arissetyanto Nugroho., Erry Ricardo Nurzal., Ign Anung Setiadi., Suharyono., Zeffry Alamsyah. 2010. Pemasaran Strategik: Persfektif Value-Based Marketing dan Pengukuran Kinerja.(Strategic Marketing: Value Based and Performance Measurement Perspectives) Bogor, IPB Press.


No comments:

Post a Comment